Do you wish to study in the UK? Good news! We are here to inform you about the Allan & Nesta Ferguson Charitable Trust Masters Scholarships application that is currently open at the University of Sheffield. In this article, we will be discussing the scholarship, its, worth, eligibility, and application process.
The Allan & Nesta Ferguson Charitable Trust Masters Scholarships are offered for a Master’s degree. This scholarship is provided by the University of Sheffield. The University of is a public research university in Sheffield, South Yorkshire, England. Its history traces back to the foundation of Sheffield Medical School in 1828, Firth College in 1879, and Sheffield Technical School in 1884. University College of Sheffield was successively formed by the amalgamation of the three institutions in 1897 and was settled under a royal charter as the University of Sheffield in 1905 by King Edward VII.
The university has been described by The Times as one of the powerhouses of British higher education. The university is a member of the Russell Group, the European University Association, the Worldwide Universities Network, and the White Rose University Consortium. Meanwhile, it was among the top 10 of the Russell Group for research output and top 12 for research strength in Research Excellence Framework 2014.
In terms of research citations, Sheffield was rated 93rd worldwide and 9th in the UK by the CWUR 2018–19. It was also rated 20th overall in Europe and 10th in the UK for the number of signed EU grant agreements according to the data since 2007. Over the last decade till now, Sheffield sits within 9-13 in the UK and is rated by the overall academic performance.
The University of Sheffield Students’ Union originated in 1906 and has nearly 300 student societies and nearly 50 sports teams. The Students’ Union has been voted best in the UK for ten consecutive years, from 2009 to 2018, by the Times Higher Education Student Experience Survey.
Sheffield University Football Club has been established for many decades and has previously competed in the FA Amateur Cup and FA Vase. The Union building comprises society and union workplaces and coffee shops, restaurants, shops, and the student-run cinema Film Unit. Facilities comprise two bars (Bar One – which has a book-able function room with its bar, The Raynor Lounge – and The Interval); a three-room club venue (Foundry); There is also a student radio station called Forge Radio, a TV station called Forge TV, and a newspaper called Forge Press, which are run under the umbrella of Forge Media since 2008.
Not interested in this particular Scholarship? See Other
The University of Sheffield has a total of 30,195 students in the 2018–19 academic year, comprising 19,610 undergraduates and 10,585 postgraduates. In terms of average UCAS points of applicants, Sheffield rated 29th in Britain in 2014. The university gives proposals of admission to 85.6% of its applicants, the 4th top among the Russell Group.
Worth of Allan & Nesta Ferguson Charitable Trust Masters Scholarships
Each scholarship offers a full tuition fee waiver, maintenance for University accommodation, and a monthly stipend.
Eligibility for Allan & Nesta Ferguson Charitable Trust Masters Scholarships
- You must hold an offer for Allan & Nesta Ferguson Charitable Trust Masters Scholarships by the deadline for one to be eligible.
- You must be classified as overseas for tuition fee purposes.
- You must be self-funded to receive this award, i.e. not funded by a research council, government, private enterprise, charity, or any similar organization.
- The Allan & Nesta Ferguson Charitable Trust Masters Scholarships cannot be awarded in conjunction with any other funding awards, either from the University of Sheffield or external sources.
- Your mode of attendance must be full-time.
- You must begin your studies at the University of Sheffield in 2022. This scholarship cannot be delayed.
- Receipt of the scholarship is subject to successfully meeting any condition(s) involved in your offer before the deadline provided by the Admissions Service.
- Receipt of the scholarship is subject to successfully getting a visa to study at the University in September 2022.
- You must be a national of, or permanently domiciled, in one of the countries or territories to be eligible for the Allan & Nesta Ferguson Charitable Trust Masters Scholarships
How to Apply for Allan & Nesta Ferguson Charitable Trust Masters Scholarships
You will be automatically measured for Allan & Nesta Ferguson Charitable Trust Masters Scholarships if you get an offer to study one of the eligible courses and you are a national of, or permanently domiciled in, one of the eligible countries or territories. The deadline for admissions is below.
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) to access the application form and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Application Deadline for Allan & Nesta Ferguson Charitable Trust Masters Scholarships
The application deadline for this scholarship is May 6, 2022.
Official Website: Click here