Do you want to further your education in the UK? Well here’s some good news for you, the UG Sanctuary Scholarships application is currently ongoing at the University of Warwick. In this article below, we will be discussing the scholarship, its worth, its eligibility, and its application process.
The UG Sanctuary Scholarships offer an Undergraduate Degree. The scholarship is provided by the University of Warwick. The number of Scholarships at the University of Warwick is up to 42. Its target group is International EU Students.
The University of Warwick is a public exploration university on the borders of Coventry between the West Midlands and Warwickshire, England. The university originated in 1965 as part of a government inventiveness to enlarge higher education. The Warwick Business School was recognized in 1967, the Warwick Law School in 1968, Warwick Manufacturing Group (WMG) in 1980, and Warwick Medical School in 2000. Warwick incorporated Coventry College of Education in 1979 and Horticulture Research International in 2004.
The highest Warwick campus lodges 710 acres (2.88 km2) between the City of Coventry and the County of Warwickshire. The innovative buildings of the campus are in modern 1960s architecture. The campus contains all of the leading student amenities, all but four of the student halls of residence, and the Students’ Union. The campus is riven between the parliamentary electorates of Kenilworth and Southam and Coventry South.
In October 2018, Warwick had 26,531 students with around two-fifths being postgraduates. About 43% of the student body comes from outer the UK and over 120 countries are represented on the campus. The university has 29 academic departments and over 40 research centers and institutes, in three faculties: Arts, Science Technology Engineering and Mathematics (STEM), and Social Sciences. There was 2,492 academic and research staff in October 2018.
The university is the present title-holder (2021) of BBC television’s University Challenge competition. This is their second win – their first was in 2007, defeating the title-holders University of Manchester in the final.
The Warwick campus now has around 6,300 student dormitories across a variety of undergraduate and postgraduate residences. All of the houses are self-catered, and each has housing tutors and a warden. Warwick assures accommodation for all first-year undergraduate students, regardless of their contemporary address. Many of the university’s postgraduate population are also catered for, with some exact residences available for postgrad living. Each house accommodates a mixture of students both domestic and foreign, male and female, and, sometimes, undergraduate and postgraduate.
In their second and third years, many students live in one of the surrounding towns: either Coventry, Canley, Kenilworth, or Royal Lamington Spa, where they can live in university-managed accommodation or self-reliantly owned residences.
Since 2011, Warwick has created two new halls of residence for the students. Bluebell, opened in 2011, bargains accommodation in flats of 8 people, with a whole of 505 single rooms for first-year undergraduates. The Sherburne residences were opened in 2012, which likewise provides 527 ensue rooms to first-years. And was lengthy with a further 267 rooms in 2017. An additional 700 new rooms were constructed in the Cryfield Village, named the Cryfield Townhouse residences.
Worth of the UG Sanctuary Scholarships
The successful applicants will get:
- Full Tuition Fee Support – Students for the UG Sanctuary Scholarships will be presented with a non-repayable 100% tuition fee waiver until they are awarded status that enables them to access student finance.
- Maintenance Support – Students for the UG Sanctuary Scholarships will be given a non-repayable grant correspondent to the maximum government Maintenance Loan for 2022-23, £9,488* for students living away from the parental home and £7,987* if they are living in the parental home towards living costs and course-related expenses until noted status that enables you to access student finance.
- Presented scholars for the UG Sanctuary Scholarships also will be measured for additional funding correspondent to the Warwick Bursary, this will be accomplished by the Student Funding Team.
Eligibility for the UG Sanctuary Scholarships
Applicants for the UG Sanctuary Scholarships who do not meet the full criteria will not be measured for an award. You must confirm that you meet one of the Asylum eligibility criteria outlined below to ATOL three of the Education eligibility criteria. You must be able to offer documentary evidence to verify your situation regarding each criterion.
Asylum eligibility criteria
You must meet ONE of these:
- You have sought asylum in the UK or were included as a dependent (spouse/child) on an application for asylum, or one of the UK visa concessions for Ukrainian nationals. Kindly note: Spouses/civil partners must have been the spouse/civil partner on the date on which the asylum application was made. Children/step-children must have been aged under 18 on the date on which the asylum application was made.
- You have obtained a decision on your claim for asylum, which has resulted in an award of DLR (Discretionary Leave to Remain), LLR (Limited Leave to Remain), Humanitarian Protection, or some other form of temporary status.
Education eligibility criteria
You must also meet ALL THREE of these
1. You must also hold a conditional or unconditional offer (or be awaiting a decision) for one of the following courses starting in September 2022:Foundation Program.
- International Foundation Program.
- full-time course which lasts up to three years
- part-time course
Kindly note the following Ineligible courses:
- Courses taught at Partner Colleges
- 4-year graduate entry MBChB course
- Year 1 Foundation courses in the Warwick Business School
- Module-based courses
- Non-degree awards (Higher Education Diploma, Higher Education Certificate, Postgraduate Certificate, Postgraduate Diploma)
2. You are unable to access UK Government Student Financial Support (Tuition and Maintenance Loans) because of your present immigration status.3. You have not gotten an undergraduate degree or degree corresponding qualification from another institution or country.
How to Apply for the UG Sanctuary Scholarships
Are you interested and qualified for the UG Sanctuary Scholarships? Go to the University of Warwick on warwick.ac.uk to apply.
This is an open scheme and applications will be measured at any time. Though, it may not be possible to start studying until a later point.
Reception of your application will be acknowledged by email and the application will only be accepted if it is accompanied by a referee’s supporting statement and signature. We may contact you and/or your referee to request further information or supporting documentation if obligatory. You will be contacted within 6 weeks of applying to advise you of the outcome or progress of your application.
Application Deadline for the UG Sanctuary Scholarships
The application deadline for this scholarship is not specific.
Official Website: Click here